Known Problems of the City Express - Chevy City Express Forum

post #1 of 13 Old 06-06-2014, 04:07 PM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 18 Post(s)
Known Problems of the City Express

I know what you're thinking, this man is insane how can there be known problems for a vehicle not even in showrooms yet! You're right how can there be? What we do know however are the known problems with the NV200, The City Express' donor vehicle. Since the NV200 has been on the market for a little over 3 years it gives us a healthy sample of information to consider!

Keep in mind some of the issues may of been corrected with the Chevrolet, however they are still things to keep in mind.

First up is warranty, I know for a FACT that the lifetime warranty offered on the NV200 is not applicable should your van be used for commercial or fleet purposes. I do believe that the warranty on City Express differs from NV200, regardless consult your salesperson and the fine print to confirm that warranty is still applicable to your commercial/fleet City Express.

The NV200 has a faulty brake light switch which is prone to letting go which leads to ABS and Traction Control disabling and flashing both warning lights. Considering the City Express will be using all Nissan electric systems I believe this is one to watch for.

NV200 owners have expressed issues with the bluetooth functions. The microphones are prone to fizzling out. I know that the CIty Express will be using GM OnStar software in the headunit but I'm not sure if there were any alterations made to the physical components.

There was a slight airbag issues with Canadian NV200's, the front passenger air bags would not inflate in the event of a collision. This has been an issue with several Nissan vehicles.

Above all the main problem with the NV200 has been its inability to tow, something that will not go away on the City Express either.

Instead of taking this list as a negative you should see it as reinforcement of the quality product we are being offered. In over 3 years on the market these are the assortment of niggles accumulated. So if you can get past the lack of towing you should be highly satisfied with the City Express, I know NV200 people are.

Last edited by cityexpressadmin; 07-18-2014 at 02:12 PM.
post #2 of 13 Old 06-09-2014, 03:12 PM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 45 Post(s)
It seems like a pretty big misstep for the City Express to not be able to tow. I am in a little bit of disbelief. It doesn't have a two capacity?

The lifetime warranty thing is a little skeezy too. Have people experienced these things first hand, or have they been more one off problems that people aren't encountering a lot.
post #3 of 13 Old 06-09-2014, 04:33 PM

Quoted: 23 Post(s)
It is more along the lines of a light duty vehicle so I guess it is expected to be like that. @Holla do you even need to tow anything at all or what?

post #4 of 13 Old 06-10-2014, 03:01 PM Thread Starter

Transit Connect is rated for 2,000 lbs. You might be better off looking there if its an issue for you.
post #5 of 13 Old 06-10-2014, 04:07 PM

not much to tow with that, likely a small trailer
post #6 of 13 Old 06-11-2014, 04:50 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by bowtie View Post
not much to tow with that, likely a small trailer
Ok, but would you rather NO towing or 2,000 lbs? For someone who NEEDS to tow a utility trailer thats the difference... You're not really going to get much more out of these car based FWD platforms...
post #7 of 13 Old 06-12-2014, 02:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ernest View Post
Ok, but would you rather NO towing or 2,000 lbs? For someone who NEEDS to tow a utility trailer thats the difference... You're not really going to get much more out of these car based FWD platforms...
lol relax yourself, don't get so fired up. Did I even ask for more towing capacity? I simply stated it was low and what can be towed with it. chill out.
post #8 of 13 Old 06-13-2014, 06:41 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by bowtie View Post
lol relax yourself, don't get so fired up. Did I even ask for more towing capacity? I simply stated it was low and what can be towed with it. chill out.
I'm sorry that perspective bothers you.
post #9 of 13 Old 06-19-2014, 06:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ernest View Post
I'm sorry that perspective bothers you.
lol, not bothering me at all, look at your reply to mine
post #10 of 13 Old 10-10-2014, 04:18 PM

Quoted: 5 Post(s)
You. An get a aftermarket tow bar for the Nv200
It his tow rated in the rest of the world. It not the Trans just the lAck of a proper frame.
Warren

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Chevy City Express Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page