Handyman in Phoenix - Chevy City Express Forum
 3Likes

post #1 of 20 Old 02-07-2014, 02:01 PM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Handyman in Phoenix

Hi all,

I just heard about this new van and it seems perfect timing for me because I'm looking to replace an old Dodge Ram pickup for my handyman business. A small relatively fuel-efficient van is exactly what I need.

A Chevy badge will look good to some of my rather conservative customers and I won't have to worry about finding service.

Looking forward to learning more from this community!
post #2 of 20 Old 02-10-2014, 10:34 AM

Quoted: 18 Post(s)
hey man I just joined up as well, in a similar scenario. Looking to replace my aging ranger but not a fan of the quite large small trucks out there today. Small panel van seems to be the next best bet...
LikeARock likes this.
post #3 of 20 Old 05-16-2014, 04:46 PM

Quoted: 34 Post(s)
Welcome to the forum!

post #4 of 20 Old 05-16-2014, 05:54 PM Thread Starter

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Thanks conquerer. Business has been slowing down around Phoenix, concurrent with the local housing market, so I'm rethinking the purchase of a new van. If I do buy a new van, City Express will be it.
post #5 of 20 Old 05-20-2014, 04:51 PM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 23 Post(s)
Welcome. Would you still stick with your old ram or get something a bit better if you can't justify getting a completely new vehicle?
post #6 of 20 Old 05-26-2014, 01:10 PM

Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Welcome. I'm a handyman in the upper mid-west, and driving a '14 nv200 since Feb. No regrets after trading in an '06 Tundra. The low lift-over height compared to that of the full-size pickup was the biggest improvement. Your lower back will thank you.
Ernest likes this.
post #7 of 20 Old 05-26-2014, 04:19 PM

Quoted: 18 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by b2oz-b View Post
Welcome. I'm a handyman in the upper mid-west, and driving a '14 nv200 since Feb. No regrets after trading in an '06 Tundra. The low lift-over height compared to that of the full-size pickup was the biggest improvement. Your lower back will thank you.
excellent any other insights you can share with us? After all it is essentially the same van. How do you find fuel consumption, obviously its a dream compared to the Tundra, but by its self?
post #8 of 20 Old 05-26-2014, 05:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by b2oz-b View Post
welcome!
post #9 of 20 Old 05-27-2014, 10:01 AM

Quoted: 4 Post(s)
It's good to feel welcome. Fuel consumption is averaging around 25 mpg in mostly city driving with a load of tools weighing around 600 lbs. Filling up for $45.00 instead of $75.00 is great. A heavy-duty roof rack probably lowers the mpgs, but not much around town. Rack choices are a bit limited, but this one does the job and fits under a standard seven foot garage door opening with a ladder on it.

Ernest likes this.
post #10 of 20 Old 05-27-2014, 05:59 PM

25mpg is very acceptable in the city

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Chevy City Express Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page