2Likes
  • 1 Post By mdbuilder
  • 1 Post By bowtie

post #1 of 5 Old 03-27-2016, 09:34 AM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
How would you rate the City Express?

I've been looking at a few reviews and only seeing a rate of 3.5/5 on average for this van.

What do you think?
post #2 of 5 Old 03-28-2016, 10:16 AM

3.5 / 5 is fairly reasonable I think.

Personally I LOVE my NV200, it is perfect for my use which is non-commercial and involves just carrying a bunch of bulky but light hobby items. The only time I put any kind of a load in it is when I take trips, 600-1000 miles with say 800 pounds of "stuff". Perfect highway travelling machine with such a load. I'm happy with the power, happy with the high speed hill climbing ability on trips and happy with the fuel economy.

So, why not 5.0? TIRES, there is a serious tire problem with this thing in that the tires are only available from the dealer, are expensive and do not last an acceptable # of miles from reports I've seen. At over $600 for a set that would be OK if they were lasting 35-50K miles but they are not, <20K...
CityGuy likes this.
post #3 of 5 Old 03-31-2016, 03:55 PM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 23 Post(s)
I have to agree with the 3.5 rating, it's not the greatest thing out there but it does serve a community of people that with the way things are going it will pick up pace in. With it easier than ever for someone to start a business, there will be a growing amount of people looking to buy entry-level cargo vans to help in their business.

But what I think has been tapping into the Express probably selling better is the Savana and Express vans being so cheap to get and maintain
CityGuy likes this.

post #4 of 5 Old 04-09-2016, 08:11 AM Thread Starter

That's good to know. I do plan on starting my own business for home renovations. So I just want a basic van and my buddies recommended the express as a starter van to start with my business. I wasn't too sure if this would be an ideal van to begin with compared to the other models out there. Good to know it's reasonable cost to get it maintain and the price tag of it.
post #5 of 5 Old 04-14-2016, 11:45 AM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 23 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by CityGuy View Post
That's good to know. I do plan on starting my own business for home renovations. So I just want a basic van and my buddies recommended the express as a starter van to start with my business. I wasn't too sure if this would be an ideal van to begin with compared to the other models out there. Good to know it's reasonable cost to get it maintain and the price tag of it.
Well knowing if its the ideal van depends on what you need since for some people the City Express can be too small. So that's where you have to start. For some the bigger Express/Savana works better due to size, cost, maintenance, etc.

What exactly do you need out of a cargo van?

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Chevy City Express Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page