What Would you Think of an e-City Express? - Page 4 - Chevy City Express Forum
 1Likes

post #31 of 35 Old 06-23-2014, 04:55 PM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 24 Post(s)
the way tesla did it in their model s is a killer way to do it, right on the floor.

post #32 of 35 Old 11-26-2015, 05:06 PM

That might be good as a taxi/uber since that range allows for a good amount of trips before a recharge is required.

post #33 of 35 Old 12-04-2015, 08:44 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 5 Post(s)
Can't see much point really in the e van.
With the good economy we have now with 26 mpg(us gal) about 30 uk gal it's not worth the hassle.
What I would like is to have electric assist on my big Chevy express 1500. If a double or tripple regular battery set up could boost the off the line fuel economy so it does not suck gas getting moving I think it might improve the 12 mpg I get now .....but they will have to test that first. They do have a Trans with a electric motor assist on the side already made.
But that's a different van for a different forum
Right now I really like my 26 mpg and about $25 to fill up to go the same distance that the big van takes $70 to do.
Warren
bowtie likes this.

post #34 of 35 Old 12-17-2015, 02:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Warren mangan View Post
Can't see much point really in the e van.
With the good economy we have now with 26 mpg(us gal) about 30 uk gal it's not worth the hassle.
What I would like is to have electric assist on my big Chevy express 1500. If a double or tripple regular battery set up could boost the off the line fuel economy so it does not suck gas getting moving I think it might improve the 12 mpg I get now .....but they will have to test that first. They do have a Trans with a electric motor assist on the side already made.
But that's a different van for a different forum
Right now I really like my 26 mpg and about $25 to fill up to go the same distance that the big van takes $70 to do.
Warren
That's exactly my problem with EV's these days and even hybrids, you can find something powered by gasoline that gets better mileage and is cheap to buy and own. To get our dollars they at least need to beat the first part.

post #35 of 35 Old 11-10-2018, 06:10 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Woah man i think it's the major problem for everybody. But I think van is the perfect way for everybody. Thank you so much. Have a nice day.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Chevy City Express Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page