Tire Pressure monitor annoyance! - Chevy City Express Forum

post #1 of 10 Old 11-27-2015, 05:46 PM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 9 Post(s)
Tire Pressure monitor annoyance!

Cripes, what is with this thing???

The system goes off whenever the temp changes.

Had it reset a while back at the dealer, but then it went off again. Gotta find the hand held device so I can reset it myself and not go to dealer!!!!
post #2 of 10 Old 12-01-2015, 07:57 AM

Quoted: 5 Post(s)
This is a problem on all vehicles.u tube is full of ways to reset these and tools for resetting.
But I agree what a pain. Car should come with an easy reset button!
Do you think the temp is the problem? My van sat over the long TKG weekend and light was on in the morning. All pressures were good. The biggest issue it the CHECK PRESSURE message that's scrolls thru the small Imformation panel.
Is there an easy way to reset this? It must be the same as on other Nissans.
The other issue is it does not operate until you can see the tire is soft!
Mine came back from dealer after oil change and tire rotation with only 32 psi in the front. Nothing on the tire monitor. The 44 front 48 rear is unusual but you think they would have at least had a look at the tag!
So not a city express/ Nissan nv200 exclusive problem.
post #3 of 10 Old 12-04-2015, 08:20 AM

Quoted: 5 Post(s)
So I was passing my dealer today ( Patroit Chevy in limerick pa) and I stopped in as I had also noticed I could not even see the mileage to figure out when the next service was due as the Check tire pressure keeps scrolling across the little orange imfo screen.
So the service counter gut said it's usually a temperature issue/ or low pressure. The temp lowered the pressure.
So I had check the pressures and put them up to the 44/48 required but only at a convince store and he said after he took the van to the back to check pressures and the rears were down to 37psi.
Once he put them up to 50 ( since tires were hot) he said the sensors reset and warning was gone. NC.
Thanks Patroit Chevy.
I'll have to do a better job and use my own pump which was in my other van!
I'll have to see if the sensors kick in above almost flat too.
Think I'll check tire before I go anywhere to see where the pressures are at over night.
Warren

post #4 of 10 Old 06-18-2016, 09:17 AM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Warren mangan View Post
Think I'll check tire before I go anywhere to see where the pressures are at over night.
Warren
I came across an excellent article with some awesome TPMS-advice: Reset Tire Pressure Sensor Chevy | Impala | Cruze | Tahoe
post #5 of 10 Old 06-22-2016, 02:42 PM

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Just make sure when using a gauge to measure tire pressure that you use an analog gauge since those digital ones have been shown to lose calibration over time more than the analog ones. Analog gauge is old school but good. I know some tech's that swear by it.
post #6 of 10 Old 07-21-2016, 11:59 AM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 24 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by james View Post
Just make sure when using a gauge to measure tire pressure that you use an analog gauge since those digital ones have been shown to lose calibration over time more than the analog ones. Analog gauge is old school but good. I know some tech's that swear by it.
That might be true but digital gauges have been out long enough that even some of the cheaper ones have a good chance of being accurate enough. Plus if it's off by one or two PSI... it's not a big deal. Its usually when you're off close to the double digits and beyond that you have to get concerned.

post #7 of 10 Old 07-24-2016, 06:32 PM

Quoted: 6 Post(s)
Which digital gauges would you suggest we use? I'm more of an analog gauge user but it never hurts to try something new.
post #8 of 10 Old 09-01-2016, 02:15 PM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 24 Post(s)
Just about anything from a reputable brand that has a decent warranty because even if it's from a good brand, it could still mess up. Just see what you can find locally. At least then if you need to exchange it, that can be also be done locally.

post #9 of 10 Old 06-12-2018, 04:38 AM

Now a days, tire pressure meter has been digitized. So your problem has been solved by using this thing.
post #10 of 10 Old 03-29-2019, 05:25 AM

right now i am facing the similar problem which you are telling but in a towing truck of Manhattan 24 Hour Towing, which i drive. looking for the solution here.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Chevy City Express Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page