• 1 Post By bowtie

post #1 of 7 Old 02-07-2014, 01:52 PM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
City Express OEM cargo shelf and desk on seat

http://truckyeah.jalopnik.com/chevy-...hic-1517517422

Quote:
The rest of the Jalopnik crew made fun of me for going gaga over the 2015 Chevrolet City Express van's cargo management features. Whatever, I say OEM cargo shelves are kickass and I don't care who knows it.

I also love the flat surface attached to the back of the passenger seat. The seat folds forward to make a desk when the front right seat isn't occupied. Why haven't I seen that in a van before?

The rest of the tidy little van's 122.7 cubic-foot cargo area is decked out with tie-down points. But the floor's pretty flat, and the wheel wells are wide enough to accommodate a standard 48" pallet.

post #2 of 7 Old 02-07-2014, 01:55 PM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)

Chevrolet and Adrian Steel® have teamed together to create an available custom storage system to specifically fit the Chevrolet City Express and the needs of your business. These vocational storage bins provide a wide array of solid solutions, while an available partition helps to keep cargo secure.

Mobile Office

You can do quite a bit with the City Express. You can also do a lot from within it. The fold-flat front passenger seat creates flat and uninterrupted workspace. Plus, the standard mobile office center console features laptop/hanging file folder storage, a stationery tray, dual cupholders, and an available 12-volt outlet on the LT model. In all, 13 storage spaces put managing your business well within reach.

Baogiachevrolet likes this.
post #3 of 7 Old 06-13-2014, 04:44 PM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 24 Post(s)
that is epic, never knew people used these as a remote office, just goes to show what's possible with these

Baogiachevrolet likes this.

post #4 of 7 Old 06-20-2014, 02:01 PM

Quoted: 45 Post(s)
This is a great feature but I hardly think it is revolutionary to put a flat plastic surface on the back of a seat to turn it into a table. If that is innovation then this must be 1950.

Some of the other mobile office features are also pretty useful, but I hardly think that this sets it apart other work vans. Ooooo, a 12 volt plug. Nothing special really.

post #5 of 7 Old 06-20-2014, 05:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Holla View Post
This is a great feature but I hardly think it is revolutionary to put a flat plastic surface on the back of a seat to turn it into a table. If that is innovation then this must be 1950.

Some of the other mobile office features are also pretty useful, but I hardly think that this sets it apart other work vans. Ooooo, a 12 volt plug. Nothing special really.
that's what i was thinking but i guess they had some really good reasons to go through with this

post #6 of 7 Old 06-27-2014, 04:38 PM

Quoted: 45 Post(s)
I just don't see why we are making a big deal about it. They put plastic on the back of a seat. Hardly innovation.

In fact, I bet there are other options that would be more convenient as a desk. That's the innovation that I want to see.

post #7 of 7 Old 06-30-2014, 02:21 PM

probably some fold down or pop up table which would be cool.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Chevy City Express Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page