Excess Tire Wear Problem Found? - Page 2 - Chevy City Express Forum
 2Likes

post #11 of 23 Old 10-16-2016, 10:15 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 6 Post(s)
At that point, you can bring it to the dealer so they can adjust the tire pressure or you can do it yourself after getting a pressure gauge.
post #12 of 23 Old 10-25-2016, 03:52 PM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Tire pressures are a key thing in order to preserving tires or letting them wear evenly. You should always check the tires after the dealer just because majority of the time they either 1) don't care, or 2) don't care to have them right. Once they don't look flat, they're content.
post #13 of 23 Old 10-27-2016, 12:30 PM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 24 Post(s)
That and for safety since for example your in the single digits then you have bigger problems than just a lack of air but somewhere along the tire has been compromised, puncture being one of the causes, and surely you don't want to be dealing with wheel/tire issues on main roads and highways while on the job.

post #14 of 23 Old 10-27-2016, 03:28 PM

That too ^

An under-inflated tire runs the risk of the rim itself cutting through, and an over-inflated tire becomes a lot more sensitive to bumps and sharp debris that can puncture/blow it very easily.
post #15 of 23 Old 11-10-2016, 01:11 PM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 24 Post(s)
Adding to that when it comes to extreme temperatures (winter) you have to monitor your tire pressure a bit more since going from say a warm garage to the freezing cold can cause the PSI number to fluctuate a bit. Multiply that times all the times you go between hot and cold and it adds up!

Best to be proactive about this especially when its the easiest thing we can do as owners.

post #16 of 23 Old 11-10-2016, 02:37 PM

I for one actually like checking up on everything on a weekly basis. Check the tire pressures with the monitor and check the fluids. Of course a visual check of tires on a regular is happening. Always helps to keep a tire inflator in the car, the one that plugs in to the 12v source.
post #17 of 23 Old 12-31-2016, 12:38 PM

Quoted: 5 Post(s)
Prices and choices

You would think the tire pressure monitors would be of some use but they don't come on until it's almost flat! It's the same for all these tire monitors on many vehicules.
My van has 22150 miles and the dealer says they are close to minimum but still passed inspection , in PA.
They initially quoted a very low price for the tires but when l reminded them they are specials they checked the price and its now $600 mounted and balanced .see quote.
Better than the $750 when the van first came out!
They want $130 for an alignment , I guess I should get that too but my wear is fairly even. ( and with the possible axel issue)
What have other's been doing?
I did price out some "excel tires" a while back that are 6 ply but they don't have the hi load rating.
What are the taxi guys doing for tires? I can't see them paying $600 when they can get lower rated tires for $3-400.
If they know their load will be limited to about 800-1000# they could get away with it.
W
Attached Images
File Type: jpg image.jpg (314.1 KB, 5 views)
post #18 of 23 Old 12-31-2016, 04:50 PM

Quoted: 5 Post(s)
Reading nv200 forum
This post says the axel issue was with 2012-2013 nv200. So should not effect the city express as first model year was 2014 but actually 2015 delivery..... I have one of the first.
http://nv200forum.com/5-nissan-nv200...html#post20114

There was some discussion of normal tire wear and guys got really bad wear from the bad axels.
Mine are even and normal wear so I'll probably not bother with the alignment .
My 22000 miles is not redicluous but would prefer 50,000!

So body put Pirelli s on his nv200 but I doubt they have the full rating ..... Actually they were 205 so an oversize tire......
Warren
post #19 of 23 Old 07-15-2017, 12:10 AM

Do these tires require 44/48 Nitrogen or just regular old air?
post #20 of 23 Old 08-09-2017, 09:56 AM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Regular air is fine.

My 2015 NV200 is up to 20,000 with no excessive wear issues at this point. I would guess I will wind up needing new rubber somewhere between 25K and 30K which is not bad.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Chevy City Express Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page