Another Day, Another GM Recall - Chevy City Express Forum

post #1 of 11 Old 05-21-2014, 09:27 AM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 18 Post(s)
Another Day, Another GM Recall

I'm sorry but this is just getting downright laughable.

http://detroit.cbslocal.com/2014/05/...g-recall-list/

Quote:
General Motors is adding 218,000 subcompact cars to its growing list of recalled vehicles.

The new recall covers certain Chevrolet Aveo cars from the 2004 through 2008 model years. GM says the daytime running light module in the dashboard center stack can overheat, melt and cause fires.

The recall posted Wednesday on a U.S. government website is GM’s 30th this year. It brings the total number of vehicles recalled by the company since January to 13.8 million, breaking its own annual record.

Recall documents didn’t say if the problem has caused any fires or injuries. GM says it will provide a plan to fix the problem as soon as possible.

The high number of recalls is fallout from a deadly ignition switch problem that is responsible for at least 13 deaths
Where this slips into surreality is that GM has now recalled 72% MORE vehicles than they sold in all of 2013...

post #2 of 11 Old 05-21-2014, 11:49 AM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 45 Post(s)
It is absolutely insane how many vehicles GM has recalled in the past few months. I can't believe that more people haven't gotten injured or died as a result of these defects. There are so many of them!

Remind me again why the American tax payers rescued this sorry excuse for a car company?

post #3 of 11 Old 05-21-2014, 06:09 PM

Quoted: 24 Post(s)
With that being said, it's also a good thing there doesn't seem to be people that got injured due to these issues. Better they do these recalls in the masses now than later

post #4 of 11 Old 05-22-2014, 05:18 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Holla View Post
It is absolutely insane how many vehicles GM has recalled in the past few months. I can't believe that more people haven't gotten injured or died as a result of these defects. There are so many of them!

Remind me again why the American tax payers rescued this sorry excuse for a car company?
the american taxpayers didnt rescue the company, but their money did. You can thank your friendly neighbourhood CONgress man. .gov made the general too big to fail... wheres the incentive to perform, there is none. Its beaurocratic monolith, GM sucks for the same reason government sucks...
post #5 of 11 Old 05-23-2014, 04:43 PM

I mean it was a tough position. Not saving the company would have killed sooooooooo many jobs not just in the US but worldwide. Now the auto companies are like the banks though. Too big to fail.

If you are too big to fail then you may as well be state owned. Like you said, GM sucks for the same reason the government does.

post #6 of 11 Old 05-23-2014, 05:10 PM

Sadly the government will always such for us but they are the geniuses running the show, finding every way to benefit themselves.

post #7 of 11 Old 05-26-2014, 04:23 PM Thread Starter

yea but see where it gets interesting is what could all the money poured into GM yearly produced outside of GM? What is all that human capital capable of? This is how industries and cycles work. When someone or something disappears something else will step in to fill the void. You don't honestly think those workers and factories would of been abandoned? Do you know how many foreign makers are in the process of establishing US operations bit by bit. Construction costs alone are extremely prohibitive. A defunct GM could off offered say a KIA or Hyundai a cheap solution to gaining US operations.

Already KIA/Hyundai scooped up most of the shuttered GM dealerships, who's to say the factories would not of been the same? Don't like the fools on the hill scare you, because they were trying to save their own asses not mine or yours. Cui Bono
post #8 of 11 Old 05-26-2014, 05:48 PM

Quoted: 34 Post(s)
yes yes.. so many recalls. so little time
post #9 of 11 Old 05-28-2014, 02:09 PM

It's time like this where I actually appreciate when they delay the release of some vehicles cause they want to prevent people from having to go through this process.
BUT it's better for them to get our money, then deal with this mess.

post #10 of 11 Old 05-29-2014, 03:54 PM

I mean most of the vehicles that are affected aren't that new so there isn't that much reason to worry if you are looking into buying a new GM vehicle. It doesn't seem like people are holding GM accountable with their wallets either. It just seems kinda sad that no one is going to be held accountable for this whole debacle.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Chevy City Express Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page