Chevy City Express Forum

Chevy City Express Forum (https://www.cityexpressforum.com/forum/)
-   2014+ Chevy City Express News (https://www.cityexpressforum.com/forum/4-2014-chevy-city-express-news/)
-   -   Known Problems of the City Express (https://www.cityexpressforum.com/forum/4-2014-chevy-city-express-news/1138-known-problems-city-express.html)

Ernest 06-06-2014 05:07 PM

Known Problems of the City Express

https://www.cityexpressforum.com/foru...1402085238.jpg

I know what you're thinking, this man is insane how can there be known problems for a vehicle not even in showrooms yet! You're right how can there be? What we do know however are the known problems with the NV200, The City Express' donor vehicle. Since the NV200 has been on the market for a little over 3 years it gives us a healthy sample of information to consider!

Keep in mind some of the issues may of been corrected with the Chevrolet, however they are still things to keep in mind.

First up is warranty, I know for a FACT that the lifetime warranty offered on the NV200 is not applicable should your van be used for commercial or fleet purposes. I do believe that the warranty on City Express differs from NV200, regardless consult your salesperson and the fine print to confirm that warranty is still applicable to your commercial/fleet City Express.

The NV200 has a faulty brake light switch which is prone to letting go which leads to ABS and Traction Control disabling and flashing both warning lights. Considering the City Express will be using all Nissan electric systems I believe this is one to watch for.

NV200 owners have expressed issues with the bluetooth functions. The microphones are prone to fizzling out. I know that the CIty Express will be using GM OnStar software in the headunit but I'm not sure if there were any alterations made to the physical components.

There was a slight airbag issues with Canadian NV200's, the front passenger air bags would not inflate in the event of a collision. This has been an issue with several Nissan vehicles.

Above all the main problem with the NV200 has been its inability to tow, something that will not go away on the City Express either.

Instead of taking this list as a negative you should see it as reinforcement of the quality product we are being offered. In over 3 years on the market these are the assortment of niggles accumulated. So if you can get past the lack of towing you should be highly satisfied with the City Express, I know NV200 people are.

Holla 06-09-2014 04:12 PM

It seems like a pretty big misstep for the City Express to not be able to tow. I am in a little bit of disbelief. It doesn't have a two capacity?

The lifetime warranty thing is a little skeezy too. Have people experienced these things first hand, or have they been more one off problems that people aren't encountering a lot.

bowtie 06-09-2014 05:33 PM

It is more along the lines of a light duty vehicle so I guess it is expected to be like that. @Holla do you even need to tow anything at all or what?

Ernest 06-10-2014 04:01 PM

Transit Connect is rated for 2,000 lbs. You might be better off looking there if its an issue for you.

bowtie 06-10-2014 05:07 PM

not much to tow with that, likely a small trailer

Ernest 06-11-2014 05:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bowtie (Post 10002)
not much to tow with that, likely a small trailer

Ok, but would you rather NO towing or 2,000 lbs? For someone who NEEDS to tow a utility trailer thats the difference... You're not really going to get much more out of these car based FWD platforms...

bowtie 06-12-2014 03:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ernest (Post 10066)
Ok, but would you rather NO towing or 2,000 lbs? For someone who NEEDS to tow a utility trailer thats the difference... You're not really going to get much more out of these car based FWD platforms...

lol relax yourself, don't get so fired up. Did I even ask for more towing capacity? I simply stated it was low and what can be towed with it. chill out.

Ernest 06-13-2014 07:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bowtie (Post 10098)
lol relax yourself, don't get so fired up. Did I even ask for more towing capacity? I simply stated it was low and what can be towed with it. chill out.

I'm sorry that perspective bothers you. :crying:

bowtie 06-19-2014 07:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ernest (Post 10138)
I'm sorry that perspective bothers you. :crying:

lol, not bothering me at all, look at your reply to mine

Warren mangan 10-10-2014 05:18 PM

You. An get a aftermarket tow bar for the Nv200
It his tow rated in the rest of the world. It not the Trans just the lAck of a proper frame.
Warren