How the City Express/NV200 holds up on moving day - Chevy City Express Forum

post #1 of 7 Old 09-26-2014, 01:06 PM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 45 Post(s)
How the City Express/NV200 holds up on moving day

Here, I am going to share with you some info on moving with the Nissan NV200, which is basically the same vehicle as the Chevy City Express. The whole point of both vehicles is to provide a utility van for an urban setting, and that's exactly what we'll go over in this little write-up.

The NV200 was used to move in downtown LA and here is how it did. Sticking to mainly surface streets the NV200 did a great job. Despite the low power of the NV200 the CVT still did a good job at keeping the 4-pot in its power band.

The Chevy City Expresss brother the NV200 also held up fine climbing steep hills. Even with a full load in the back, the NV200 was able to maintain decent acceleration and could keep up with LA traffic.

When loading the NV200 there was plenty of space to move a dorm room's worth of stuff. The added cargo shelf in the back made for extra space, and the added steel partition made it so that plenty of stuff could be crammed back there without potentially bothering the driver in the front of the vehicle.

Loading up the NV200 is also a relatively easy job. The size of the NV200 makes it great for maneuvering on city street and the 4 cargo doors make loading and unloading easy. The low lift-over height is also a big benefit for the NV200, as it makes it easier to lift things into the back.

I've also read that the NV200 has a ride that is a bit on the harsh side. Looking to see if anyone can confirm or deny that. Regardless, it appears from what I've read that an NV200 or a Chevy City Express should be a great option for your urban moving needs.

Last edited by cityexpressadmin; 09-29-2014 at 05:48 PM.
post #2 of 7 Old 09-29-2014, 05:25 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 18 Post(s)
I'm sure it is, but is it really more economical than a Discount Van rental at $15-20 per day. I mean if you're only moving a dorm room, is there really a need to go out and get yourself a City Express?
post #3 of 7 Old 09-30-2014, 04:21 PM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 24 Post(s)
I hope UHaul is looking at this, it might be worth it for them to include some of these in their fleet. Or even those vehicle sharing programs, which have started to include moving vans to their fleet.

post #4 of 7 Old 02-08-2017, 04:03 AM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Nice information...
post #5 of 7 Old 02-18-2019, 09:43 AM

Great post. . .
post #6 of 7 Old 03-27-2019, 10:28 AM

It's really nice. . .
post #7 of 7 Old 03-29-2019, 06:21 AM

nice post

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Chevy City Express Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page