Toyota Urban Van Concept - Chevy City Express Forum

post #1 of 7 Old 09-11-2014, 11:06 AM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 45 Post(s)
Toyota Urban Van Concept

So this isn't a direct competitor because of its size, and its also just a concept, but I thought that it would be worth posting up here for us to discuss. Toyota says that it is trying to capitalize on a growing trend of entrepreneurs and do-it-yourself types. The vehicle features a configurable rail system which can hold mounted add-ons like bike racks or baskets, a foldable and removable front passenger seat, fold-up rear seating and a shifter with Toyota's "intuitive shift."

The vehicle is meant to have the dimensions of a compact car with the functionality of a small truck. The tailgate can be folded down into a ramp, and there is also a sliding glass window on the rear which retracts into the tailgate.

The design was drawn up at Toyota's Calty design studio.

post #2 of 7 Old 09-18-2014, 06:18 PM

Quoted: 24 Post(s)
I love the interior, the screen in the center reminds me of a tesla. Over all the look is great and imaging it toned down for production, it should look good enough.

post #3 of 7 Old 09-23-2014, 04:50 PM Thread Starter

As far as a concept goes, I think this is great. I think that it shows what we could expect from a cargo van in the future. It looks functional and also well styled. The iPad is a nice touch. I could see that becoming the norm in almost all vehicles eventually.

post #4 of 7 Old 09-24-2014, 07:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Holla View Post
As far as a concept goes, I think this is great. I think that it shows what we could expect from a cargo van in the future. It looks functional and also well styled. The iPad is a nice touch. I could see that becoming the norm in almost all vehicles eventually.
As for the screen. I can see it being available as option. With a vehicle like this i can imagine that toyota wants to make it as affordable as possible.

post #5 of 7 Old 09-25-2014, 04:56 PM Thread Starter

I am assuming that the screen is just an ipad with a mount. Do you think it is a part of the car? I thought you would install an app on your ipad and just carry that with you.

post #6 of 7 Old 09-25-2014, 08:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Holla View Post
I am assuming that the screen is just an ipad with a mount. Do you think it is a part of the car? I thought you would install an app on your ipad and just carry that with you.
That would be a cool idea, if it's just a matter of using tablet, but it might be even better if they have a dedicated screen for the vehicle it's self.

post #7 of 7 Old 04-26-2020, 05:45 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Wow

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Chevy City Express Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page