Chevy City Express Forum

Chevy City Express Forum (https://www.cityexpressforum.com/forum/)
-   New Member Introductions (https://www.cityexpressforum.com/forum/6-new-member-introductions/)
-   -   New owner & observations (https://www.cityexpressforum.com/forum/6-new-member-introductions/1666-new-owner-observations.html)

PMSyPly 02-20-2015 11:34 AM

New owner & observations

Having been thru years of Chevy Astros, then Venture then Toyota Sienna minivan - I was ready for a new beginning for my "affordable AV" contacting business. So I wanted the ability to carry basic tools & cables, ladder(s) as needed, and yet deliver TVs up to 80". And wanted economy, so did all the research on Transit Connect & NV200, and my cousin owns a Chevy dealership.

Got mine Wednesday afternoon. While I can't speak for the tire longevity issues, I'm loving most everything. Ride is a bit harsh over frost heaves but the steering, and CVT transmission is so nice. And the heater is good (took awhile this morning at 3 degrees, but gets very comfortable). Great visibility, seat comfort, Nav & camera are good. Bluetooth is very acceptable. FM radio a bit weak; and SiriusXM is expensive for its modest quality (XM's best can't compete with FM's best).

I'm digesting the shelving options; I like the Ranger Designs folding shelves but at $1800 for 4 30" shelves, plus shipping plus installation I'll look elsewhere.

Oh.. yesterday (full day #1 ) getting 27.7mpg over back & forth 74 miles of driving, mostly highway... that made me :)

cityexpressadmin 02-24-2015 06:24 PM

Peter, welcome to the forum! The forum is just getting off the ground here -- thanks for introducing yourself.

PMSyPly 02-24-2015 07:09 PM

Well thrilled there is a moderator for this forum! And hope it will get cleaned up of spammers & commercial advertisers who have tainted an otherwise great place to share our experience, questions, and answers.

cityexpressadmin 03-03-2015 01:08 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PMSyPly (Post 12186)
Well thrilled there is a moderator for this forum! And hope it will get cleaned up of spammers & commercial advertisers who have tainted an otherwise great place to share our experience, questions, and answers.

We are working on it, and apologize for the inconvenience. Thanks for being a member of CityExpressForum.

Taylor

carid 03-05-2015 05:27 AM

Hello Peter and welcome to the forum! Glad to have you here. If you ever have any questions, please be sure to reach out.

bowtie 03-06-2015 03:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by carid (Post 12274)
Hello Peter and welcome to the forum! Glad to have you here. If you ever have any questions, please be sure to reach out.

I can also vouch for CarID, i'm on a couple other forums they're on and the help they provide is quite valuable!

PMSyPly 03-10-2015 07:15 PM

Still Happy :)

...day 21 and going well. At 1k I did a Pennzoil Full Synthetic change at Jiffy Lube, last week.

And I like 29.1 mpg!! that's a 2 day average I can live with. Accustomed to 15-20 from past minivans

Most notable are nice ride (on GOOD roads), smooth transmission, and nice precise steering. (Now I'll remind you I'm coming from a '98 Toyota Sienna with 289k)

bowtie 03-11-2015 12:27 PM

Not bad at all.

Glad to hear things have been going well with it so far.

Usually gas mileage is worst when a vehicle is new, so hearing its been holding up that well, is great

PMSyPly 03-31-2015 10:08 AM

So now I'm up above 2,000 miles; changed the oil at 1k and averaging 30.5mpg (and a highway average just below 33.5) This has been a curiosity to me how its doing so well, and as break-in friction gets lower & daily temperatures rise... I was in the single digits mornings when I got it and now high 20's with daily highs in the 40s.

Wow does that gas gauge drop fast, but I have to let it go fairly low to fill at $20 with gas selling here about $2.20 right now.

Anyone else out there getting these thrifty MPG readings?

carid 04-15-2015 06:22 AM

@ bowtie

Thank you so much for your feedback, it means a lot to us!