New to forum. - Chevy City Express Forum

post #1 of 7 Old 12-01-2015, 05:29 PM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
New to forum.

Been on numerous other car forums in the past, but figured I would check this one out. Forums seem to share the most up to date issues & troubleshooting help is usually top notch. I've been a member on almost every DSM car forum, Hyundai forums, & of course had a few Civics throughout the years. I am a father of 3 boys (5yrs, 1.5yrs & 5months) & currently engaged to the mother of my youngest 2.

My Name is Jeremy, I am a 12 year combat veteran of the US Army. Served from 2001-2013. Began working as a Natural Gas technician in 2013, and now leaving my hire company & venturing into 'piece work' as a contractor under WGL in Northern VA & MD. (Current hire date still pending at this point).

I am planning to sign the dotted line purchasing a 2015 City Express this weekend coming to use as my work transportation. I have gotten a quote from Geico but I have never dealt w/ commercial insurance or a commercial type vehicle so here's to learning something new that could make or break me, haha. Especially with eventually spending some loot to setup the cargo area for the type of work I do.

Specialize in splits/upgrades (new hire position) but do all aspects of above ground meter services.

Spent the previous few weeks crunching numbers & this move is actually a very big deal for my family & I.
post #2 of 7 Old 12-03-2015, 04:14 PM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 24 Post(s)
Welcome to the club!

post #3 of 7 Old 12-03-2015, 05:51 PM Thread Starter

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by bowtie View Post
Welcome to the club!
Thanks bowtie. Going to pick up my '15 CE in the morning. Got an uplift guide in the mail today from Ranger Design, still not 100% sold on what bin package setup i'm going to have installed. Until then I shall make it... make my family some money!

post #4 of 7 Old 12-05-2015, 10:42 AM

Quoted: 9 Post(s)
We use our van for plumbing service.

****try and keep all heavy tools in the middle of the van to help disperse weight*****

There have been many complaints regarding tire wear.

I have 5100 miles on y van.

Also....sales are slow for these vans. You should be able to get a great deal!

Also, Thanks for your Service!!!!!
post #5 of 7 Old 12-07-2015, 07:38 AM

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Welcome on board, Jeremy and thanks for your service! We're happy to have you here. Lots of knowledgeable people here who can help you when you get what you're looking for. Good luck with the hunt and ask away if you need any info.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Chevy City Express
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Call Toll Free: 800.505.3274 |
|
|
post #6 of 7 Old 12-09-2015, 03:02 PM

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by BluePlumber View Post
We use our van for plumbing service.

****try and keep all heavy tools in the middle of the van to help disperse weight*****

There have been many complaints regarding tire wear.

I have 5100 miles on y van.

Also....sales are slow for these vans. You should be able to get a great deal!

Also, Thanks for your Service!!!!!
Perfect!

By the way have you opted for a shelving system to keep the various things you need for your trade? Interested in knowing.
post #7 of 7 Old 01-21-2016, 05:55 PM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 24 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by GasTech View Post
Thanks bowtie. Going to pick up my '15 CE in the morning. Got an uplift guide in the mail today from Ranger Design, still not 100% sold on what bin package setup i'm going to have installed. Until then I shall make it... make my family some money!
In for seeing pictures of how you had it upfitted.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Chevy City Express Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page