Offering diesel for the 2017 model year. - Chevy City Express Forum

post #1 of 2 Old 04-02-2016, 09:47 AM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Offering diesel for the 2017 model year.

My biggest fear...

I've always heard from my colleagues whom work in home renovations that their vans has extremely poor gas mileage.

That is the reason why I didn't want to get one, although I really need a van now to store my equipment and travel back and forth.

I was impressed to hear about this news:

Quote:

"In order to extend the life of its commercial vans a little further and address the fuel economy issue, GM now says it will offer its 2.8 liter Duramax diesel in the 2500 and 3500 versions of the Express and Savanna starting with the 2017 model year.

The baby Duramax uses an iron cylinder block with dual overhead camshafts. It generates 181 horsepower at 3,400 rpm and 369 pounds-feet of torque at 2,000 rpm. Once fitted to the larger commercial vans, the engine will be backed up with GM’s 8 speed automatic transmission."

I sure hope this well provide me with better gas mileage when I get my city express.
post #2 of 2 Old 04-06-2016, 10:43 AM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 24 Post(s)
You're on the wrong forum, this forum is on the City Express, not its bigger brother.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Chevy City Express Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page