City Express Taxi - Chevy City Express Forum

post #1 of 14 Old 02-19-2014, 05:27 PM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 18 Post(s)
City Express Taxi

Do you think Chevrolet will turn the City Express into a modern Taxi like Ford has done with Transit connect and Nissan has done with City Express' twin the NV200?

I do wonder if Nissan has limited GM's ability to cannibalize their fleet projects? I know that Nissan has a similar agreement with Dacis to use their Duster as the Nissan Terrano, the caveat is that the Nissan may not compete with the Dacia on price. So i wonder if Nissan has said to GM yes you may use the NV200 as your City Express but you're not allowed to infringe on our fleet contracts, like with NYC Taxi....

post #2 of 14 Old 02-20-2014, 12:36 PM

Quoted: 34 Post(s)
Got to sit in one of these at the local auto show

Seems to work very well from what I can see.
post #3 of 14 Old 02-20-2014, 12:56 PM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 45 Post(s)
I've been in one of these taxis and they look really nice. Plenty of leg room.

I don't think that Nissan would allow Chevy to sell the City Express as a taxi though. It just wouldn't make sense since they are the same vehicle, and obviously Nissan wants contracts with cities instead of Chevy. That is probably one of the reasons why nissan agreed to the deal. They get to make some money and to shut out a competitor from a very lucrative market.

post #4 of 14 Old 02-20-2014, 01:18 PM

Quoted: 24 Post(s)
It would be a good idea if they can do this, anything to boost sales. Fleet sales are always a big way to get more sales coming in.

Unlike the Nissan, at least this being a Chevy will attract more Chevy loyalists and those that support American built vehicles by buying this over the Nissan or anything else.

post #5 of 14 Old 02-26-2014, 04:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bowtie View Post
It would be a good idea if they can do this, anything to boost sales. Fleet sales are always a big way to get more sales coming in.

Unlike the Nissan, at least this being a Chevy will attract more Chevy loyalists and those that support American built vehicles by buying this over the Nissan or anything else.
It is a little funny though that even if Chevys are bought over Nissans the vehicles are made by the same factory and in the end its really just the badge that is different.

Didn't New York sign a deal for the Nissan taxi though? The "Taxi or Tomorrow" I believe they called it.

post #6 of 14 Old 02-27-2014, 12:40 PM

well the good thing about the nissan getting sold to fleets for taxis is that we will get cheaper parts
post #7 of 14 Old 02-27-2014, 02:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by conquerer View Post
well the good thing about the nissan getting sold to fleets for taxis is that we will get cheaper parts
Yup, even as it ages, you'll find yourself going to the junk yard and looking on the classifieds for parts.

post #8 of 14 Old 02-27-2014, 03:48 PM

The cheaper parts is a definite plus. I imagine that it would also cut down on wait time if you have to order parts in.

Would anyone consider the Nissan van instead of the Chevy? What made you choose the Chevy over the Nissan?

post #9 of 14 Old 02-28-2014, 10:57 AM

better dealer support.
post #10 of 14 Old 02-28-2014, 04:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by conquerer View Post
better dealer support.
Thats what im hearing a lot of and it already shows what you can expect by what they offer, this not new to them

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Chevy City Express Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page