Commercial trucks are being bought up by small business owners - Chevy City Express Forum

post #1 of 16 Old 03-03-2014, 04:33 PM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 45 Post(s)
Commercial trucks are being bought up by small business owners

I was just reading an article about how small business owners are buying more cargo vans now. For example, in 2009 Ford sold 8.800 Transit Connects, but last year that number grew to almost 40,000. Such growth is said to be indicative of a better economy, one where small business owners are feeling confident enough to invest in their businesses again.

Quote:
Van sales are a bellwether for the broader economic recovery since small businesses are reluctant to spend after a recession, said Mike Jackson, director of North American forecasting for the IHS Automotive consulting firm, which predicts commercial van sales will grow 27 percent between 2013 and 2015 to nearly 400,000 per year.
Are you a small business owner? What makes you want to buy a van now as opposed to a few years ago?

http://www.detroitnews.com/article/2...inesses-buying

post #2 of 16 Old 03-03-2014, 05:35 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 18 Post(s)
My biggest concern is that small business' do not behave like consumers, a small business owner will not turnover their fleet vehicles every 2-3 years because status or whatever motivates a consumer to behave that way.

Small biz will fleet up now and sustain their fleet well past pay backs. With this segment getting increasingly crowded I just worry how long these new commercial van sales will be able to keep up the pace....
post #3 of 16 Old 03-05-2014, 12:06 PM

Quoted: 34 Post(s)
well small businesses continue to grow year by year in terms of numbers

i know one day it will fall off

but in the meantime commercial trucks sales are enjoying it.

post #4 of 16 Old 03-05-2014, 04:43 PM

Quoted: 24 Post(s)
Unfortunately it will cap out, just a matter of when which is hard to say at this point. it might hit us a like a ton of bricks.

post #5 of 16 Old 03-25-2014, 04:34 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ernest View Post
My biggest concern is that small business' do not behave like consumers, a small business owner will not turnover their fleet vehicles every 2-3 years because status or whatever motivates a consumer to behave that way.

Small biz will fleet up now and sustain their fleet well past pay backs. With this segment getting increasingly crowded I just worry how long these new commercial van sales will be able to keep up the pace....
I think it depends on economic growth generally. As long as businesses are being founded and businesses are growing, van sales should also keep up the pace. Van sales are a good indicator of the overall health of the economy for that reason.

post #6 of 16 Old 03-25-2014, 05:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Holla View Post
I think it depends on economic growth generally. As long as businesses are being founded and businesses are growing, van sales should also keep up the pace. Van sales are a good indicator of the overall health of the economy for that reason.
Yup, and it seems like that is what a lot of people are trying to do these days, start their own businesses. Best thing to do.

post #7 of 16 Old 03-25-2014, 06:20 PM

as new businesses grow. vans will continue to be purchased.
post #8 of 16 Old 03-26-2014, 04:37 PM

That they will, reason why more affordable vans like this are great. small businesses need them more than anything and now they have it!

post #9 of 16 Old 04-08-2014, 03:20 PM Thread Starter

I think the fact that many different brands are coming out with new van models is a good sign too. They obviously wouldn't come out with new models, at least not all around the same time, if there wasn't a growing demand in this segment. Plenty of competition though.

Have you looked into the CityExpress' competitors? The Promaster and Ford Transit?

post #10 of 16 Old 04-08-2014, 11:07 PM

NV200 as well. There are competitors

The City has an advantage being a Chevy

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Chevy City Express Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page